Assistant/Senior Assistant Director
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job No: 500903
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant/Senior Assistant Director
Hours Per Week: 40
The Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Admission will assist with the development and implementation of first-year student recruitment and yield plans that are consistent with Miami University's mission and goals. In addition, all positions are responsible for the understanding and upholding of Miami University’s and Enrollment Management and Student Success’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statements, values and goals.
This position may have duties associated with programming and communication, primarily focused on students from diverse backgrounds.
This position is Ohio based, with a preference for the successful candidate being located in or around the Oxford area. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis, with the possibility of being a regionally based position located in Ohio. Remote work is not a right, but a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason
- Manage a geographic student recruitment territory. Make regularly scheduled recruitment visits to schools within a geographic area to meet with prospective students and counselors. Maintain relationships with counselors, and participate in regional events. Leverage data to monitor and respond to enrollment trends. (30%)
- Correspond with students and their families through prospect management including the use of email, phone calls, and social media. Perform counselor on call duties as assigned. (20%)
- Coordinate and participate in on and off-campus student recruitment and yield events and campaigns. (15%)
- Conduct application review. (15%)
- Assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects. (15%)
- Work collaboratively with University constituents to streamline and improve processes. (5%)
- Assistant Director: Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two years of experience in a progressively responsible position or Master’s Degree with no experience required.
- Senior Assistant Director: Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years of experience in progressively responsible duties or a Master’s Degree and a minimum of one year of experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the recruitment region; ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Master's degree
- Experience in recruitment and territory management, or similar experience in counseling, sales, marketing, or related field; demonstrated commitment to recruiting individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing ability; high level of organizational and self-starting skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer systems and various software applications; proven ability to work with diverse constituencies; exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time