Coordinator of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for our Coordinator of Diversity. This full-time staff position will oversee the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion center with an emphasis on developing and implementing student-centered programs and services for historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities in the college.
Anticipated start date: August 2022
Initial review of applicants will begin 2 weeks from position posting day. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
- Serve as the diversity, equity, and inclusion center coordinator and oversee the center’s daily operations by developing engaging programs and offering services to historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities in the college including workshops, training, support groups, peer mentoring, student organizations, and other unique programs.
- Collect data for services offered and conduct reports as needed.
- Evaluate the diversity, equity, and inclusion center and program services each semester.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to accomplish goals and enhance historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities' experiences.
- Establish a collegewide network to offer support services for identified student populations.
- Actively participate in creating and fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging by assisting the Associate Vice President of Inclusion and Intervention Services with collegewide initiatives as assigned.
- Build partnerships with diversity, equity, and inclusion external resources for programming, workshops, events, training, and resource directory.
- Work with the marketing department to develop diversity, equity, and inclusion marketing materials and promote services and other division initiatives as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Inclusion Services. Oversee and manage social media accounts for marketing and student engagement.
- Manage and oversee the department’s pro card for purchases as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Diversity and Inclusion, Counseling, Social Work, Higher Education, Organizational Leadership, or related field, or equivalent.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience coordinating and/or offering services related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
- Knowledge of working with a diverse student population in a community college or university setting.
- Knowledge of developing programs for underrepresented and marginalized student communities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have extensive computer skills in: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and social media, e.g., Facebook, twitter
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. Gateway offers high-quality, targeted education to meet the personal and professional needs of students and contribute to the economic development of the region.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to successfully champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.