Regional Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives and Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Regional Students
Job no: 498914
Department: Regl Diversity & Student Support-Middletown Campus
Location: Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Student Services
Status: Full Time
Regional Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives and Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Regional Students serves as senior diversity director for Miami University Regional Campuses, directing all diversity, equity, and inclusion programs for students, community, faculty, and staff. Directs centers on both campuses providing outreach and services. Serves as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Regional Students receiving reports, providing support, and resources to students. Sits on the Executive Council and reports to Associate Provost and Dean of the Regional Campuses.Duties/Physical Demands:
- Provides leadership for Equity, Diversity and Inclusive Excellence efforts across the Regional campuses.
- Develops initiatives, programs, and activities that support the mission of the centers that serve students, campuses, and local communities
- Recruits and retains students from underrepresented populations, and diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Plans and implements programming for faculty, staff and students including but not limited to Racial Legacies and Learning, student mentoring programs, and community conversations.
- Provides leadership to coordinate inclusion efforts into campus planning processes.
- Provides leadership to enhance faculty and staff Inclusive Excellence initiatives, including through collaboration with Administration and Finance to strengthen recruitment programs for faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with faculty in the development and assessment of curriculum related to equity, diversity and inclusive excellence learning goals.
- Provides diversity training and programs to community organizations.
- Tracks and reports progress toward diversity goals as outlined in the Campus Diversity Plan.
- Advises the Associate Provost and Dean on all matters related to DEI initiatives.
- Supervises Administrative Assistant and student workers.
- Develops budget, monitors expenses, and approves expenditures.
- Serves as the primary response person for student reports of sexual misconduct involving regional students and maintaining appropriate related records. Provides support and assistance in connecting students to supportive measures, as well as information about reporting options.
- Serves as the point of contact for regional students for information related to Miami’s Sexual Misconduct policies and procedures.
- Provides education and prevention efforts for regional faculty, staff, and students about issues related to sexual misconduct.
- Remains current on compliance requirements and best practices related to Title IX, Clery, Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (Campus SaVE) Act, VAWA, and other statewide and national laws/initiatives related to all areas of responsibilities; attend annual (at minimum) Title IX coordinator training.
- Serves as liaison to the University Title IX Coordinator.
A Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, counseling, social work, or another appropriate field of graduate study; Minimum of 3 years of full-time professional experience in higher education; Understanding of, and commitment to, cultural diversity and the ability to work with diverse individuals and groups; Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, superior judgment, and neutrality; Knowledge of relevant laws such as Title IX, Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (Campus SaVE) Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Clery Act; Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with attention to detail; Experience developing and delivering training outreach for a wide range of audiences, including students, staff, and faculty. Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with an earned doctorate in a closely related field; Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills; Eagerness to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide array of stakeholders (e.g.; students, faculty, staff, and community/government agencies); Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects; Crisis management and emergency response skills; ability to manage high-pressure situations ethically, effectively, efficiently, and consistently; Demonstrated leadership ability through increasing levels of responsibility.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Kelli Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications begins on August 4, 2021 and continues until position is filled.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 21 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time