Administrative Assistant, Reading Science Graduate Programs Part-time
Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the part-time, support staff, hourly position of Administrative Assistant, Center for Reading Science. The successful incumbent will be responsible for acting as a liaison with on and off-campus contacts, administrative support and coordination, and functions for the Center for Reading Science.
- Provide direct administrative support to Center for Reading Science leadership.
- Support graduate student admissions and coding
- Support student registration and coding
- Efficient and sensitive handling of all administrative tasks
- Supervise student workers and co-op students including managing tasks and work schedules
- Work with faculty in the preparation of grant proposals as well as on an as needed basis if grant is awarded
- Coordinate equipment and order supplies
- Provide clerical support for special projects, as appropriate
- Participate in assembly of material needs of partner schools
- Committee Meetings
- Responsible for recording and transcribing minutes for all Center for Reading Science meetings.
- Support preparation of an annual budget for review with the Center for Reading Science leadership and update as necessary
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Prepare monthly credit card resolution report
- Creation of purchase orders for Center for Reading Science to assure timely payment expenditures
- Link Orders to internal budget
- Review, code, and process faculty expense reports
Maintain grant files
- Update and scan appropriate documentation for a virtual filing system.
- Arrange appropriate documents and reports for the grant.
- Work with grant investigators and faculty to complete grant projects
- Assur fiscal side of grant reporting is coded and reported accurately
Plan and coordinate a variety of Center for Reading Science sponsored events including:
- Order food as needed for various events
- May include occasional Saturday morning or evening hours
Other duties as assigned.
Flexible and between 9:00 - 4:00
Education: Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of proven, successful, work experience as a high-level administrative assistant in a challenging office environment; college or university setting preferred.
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work and other duties as assigned.
Specialized Training: Excellent verbal and written communications, as well as demonstrated proficiency regarding the utilization of Microsoft Office software and Google Workspaces
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Attention to Detail:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; extensive standing or sitting in one position for long periods; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer