Admission Counselor/Senior Admission Counselor
Job no: 498941
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Miami University’s Office of Admission seeks an energetic, creative, and collaborative individual to serve as admission counselor for first-year recruitment. In partnership with admission team members, the admission counselor will play an integral role in meeting enrollment goals and assume the management of a first-year recruitment territory to include 6-8 weeks of travel, application review, and relationship management.
In addition to assigned territory management and collaboration on admission events and programs, this position will assist with recruitment of underrepresented and international students. The admission counselor will provide assistance with and coordination of on- and off- campus visits and events, including high school counselor and pre-college programs (Bridges, Summer Scholars), and manage Miami’s group visit program.
- Develop working knowledge of Miami University programs, opportunities, and policies and communicate information about the Miami brand, experience, and outcomes and its admission policies and procedures to prospective students, families, and other key influencers. (20%)
- Communicate to constituents within territory, provide presentations, and routinely fulfill counselor-on-duty responsibilities. Build and maintain relationships with high schools and community-based organizations within assigned territory. (20%)Manage assigned recruitment territory, including 6-8 weeks of recruitment travel, through the use of market research and other admission data; prepare statistical reports and analyses. (20%)
- Participate in assigned electronic file review for undergraduate domestic and international first-year admission, Honors programs, and pre-college programs, adhering to all review deadlines. (20%)
- Organize, coordinate, and manage on- and off-campus recruitment events, high school counselor programs, and high ability programming. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of and experience with computer systems and various software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ideal candidate will be politically savvy and diplomatic, demonstrate a proven positive work ethic and attitude, possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, dynamic group presentation skills, and proven commitment and ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work some evenings, perform overnight and some weekend travel, lift 30-40 lbs. of recruiting materials, and possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA
- This position is not eligible for H1-B Visa or OPT support. It is not eligible for PERM sponsorship
- Master's Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in higher education, recruitment, marketing, or other related field
- Experience with customer relations database (Slate)
- Experience working with school counselors, community-based organizations, alumni volunteers
- Event planning experience
- Data analysis experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time