Admission Visits and Event Planner Manager
Purpose: This position will play a pivotal role in promoting and enhancing the reputation of Mount St. Joseph University (MSJ) by planning and executing a wide range of campus visits, information sessions, and other events. This individual will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of these events, from conception to execution, with a strong emphasis on creating memorable and meaningful experiences for prospective students and their families
Event Planning and Execution:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of on-campus, off-campus, and virtual events, including campus tours, information sessions, and other events.
- Collaborate with academic departments, Admission team, and various stakeholders to create engaging and informative programs.
- Manage event logistics, including scheduling meetings with members of faculty, staff and athletic staff, space reservations, catering, audio-visual needs, etc.
Visitor Experience Enhancement:
- Develop creative and innovative strategies to enhance the visitor experience and promote a positive image of MSJ.
- Implement feedback mechanisms to continuously improve the quality of campus visits and events.
- Hire, train, and manage Campus Ambassador program members, wok study students, and Admission Co-Op position.
Event Marketing and Promotion:
- Work closely with Admission Counselors and Marketing and Communications to promote events.
- Utilize various communication channels, including social media, email, and printed materials, to reach prospective students.
- Develop and manage event budgets, ensuring cost-effectiveness and adherence to financial guidelines.
- Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collect and analyze data related to event attendance, visitor satisfaction, and other relevant metrics.
- Use data to make informed decisions and improvements to the event planning process.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure events are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and University policies.
- Mitigate potential risks associated with events and visitors.
Primary Contacts: Vice President of Enrollment and Associate Director of Admission, Admission staff, prospective students and families, Academic Department Chairpersons and staff, Conlan Center and Student Affairs staff, current students, Business/Finance Division Staff, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: Campus Ambassadors, work-study students, and Admission Co-Op
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practices enable the employee to proceed independently on routine work, referring questionable cases to the Associate Director of Admission
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, marketing, or a related field
- Experience: Proven experience in visit and event planning, preferably in a higher education setting. Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Specialized Training: Any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer