Assistant Director for Leadership & Activities
Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
JOB OVERVIEW: Xavier University’s Division of Student Affairs seeks qualified applicants for the Assistant Director for Leadership and Activities. This position is a twelve-month, exempt role that supports student belonging and development through delivering a dynamic calendar of events and activities, leadership programming, and student supervision within the area. The ideal candidate enjoys working directly with college students, executing and coaching students on event planning, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and plan events for a wide variety of college student interests is essential to the position. The role reports to the Senior Associate Director for Student Involvement.
- Execute broader engagement, socialization, and student development through the delivery of a dynamic calendar of campus events.
- Facilitate training and ongoing supervision of student programmers (paid interns).
- Coordinate a comprehensive student leadership development program focused on first and second-year students.
- Co-facilitate the university’s Family Weekend program.
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in college student affairs, student development, campus event or related area. Graduate assistantship experience that is directly related to the role can be considered as eligible experience.
- Written and oral communication proficiency.
- Prior experience supervising college-age students.
- Experience with event planning and budget management.
- Experience with promoting and marketing event programs to college-age students.
HOW TO APPLY:
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Review of candidate materials will begin on December 5, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position closes at the University's discretion.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.