Assistant Director, Institutional Research
The Associate Director of Institutional Research is responsible for general business operations within the institutional research department which includes the data extraction, transformation, and uploading to various institutional databases (e.g. enrollment, retention, completion, student financial aid, human resources, etc.). The Associate Director oversees the data requirements needed to comply with external regulatory and accreditation reports. The individual collaborates with various internal constituents in order to support their reporting needs. The position requires a great deal of discretion and independent judgment with matters related to regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates the data extraction and collection for student academics and demographics, human resources, and student financial aid.
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, continue the development and design of University longitudinal databases.
- Serve as a liaison to functional departments (e.g. Admissions, Registrar, Student Financial Aid, Human Resources, etc.) that maintain the operational data.
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, develop and implement workflows, process maps, and audit procedures.
- Develop and maintain edit processes to ensure data quality and validity of student academic and demographic, human resources, and student financial aid reports.
- Complete accountability reports for compliance with federal, state, accreditation, and other external entities (e.g. IPEDS, Common Data Set, NCAA).
- Prepare innovative Tableau dashboards, reports, and executive summaries in relation to the University's strategic plan.
- Prepares regular status reports which may include weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and annual status reporting.
- Respond to information and data requests from university constituents including faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist in developing and preparing reports and presentations for various constituents including trustee members, President's cabinet, and data.
- Conduct research studies on student enrollment, retention, continuation, and graduation in support of the University's strategic enrollment plan.
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, manage the development, administration, analyses, and presentation of survey data including the University's Student Life Survey, Watermark Course Evaluations & Surveys, Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE), National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), etc.
- Develop and compile benchmark information about peer groups/institutions.
- Serve on university and external committees and task groups as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Research.
Department Director, Part-Time Research Analyst, Part-Time Programmer Analyst, Director of Administrative Computing, Network Programmers, Data Constituents (e.g. Registrar, Admissions, Athletics, etc.)
Works towards defined objectives from the Director of Institutional Research and uses a wide range of procedures.
- Education: Masters degree is preferred. Bachelors degree required with a minimum of five years worth of direct experience.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of two years of experience.
- Specialized Training: A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Experience with statistical analysis and business intelligence software programs such as SPSS and Tableau.
- Experience with survey software including Survey Monkey and/or Qualtrics.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from multiple sources.
- Excellent organizational, communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer