Assistant Director of Continuing Eligibility and Educational Services
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499368
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Athletics, Recreation, Student Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director of Continuing Eligibility and Educational Services
Hours Per Week: full-time
This position works with the Student-Athlete Academic Support Services team to provide academic support to assigned teams, as well as certifying eligibility for all athletic programs. This person will work closely to create educational programs designed to help provide students additional support by focusing on areas that improve academic success. Assists coaches, athletic administrators, university administrators, and faculty with any and all concerns as they relate to the academic needs and overall development of the student athletes at Miami University. This position speci?cally supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Provide detailed weekly and end of semester reports to SAASS sta?, head coaches and sport administrators on student athlete academic performance
- Provide one-on-one academic support/learning interventions
- Educate student athletes on registration process, ?nancial aid, NCAA academic progress, study skills, time management, test taking and other skills that support the success of students.
- Assist the sport programs in talking with prospective student-athletes, parents, and/or guardians about the academic services provided at Miami University at recruiting visits and scheduled recruiting functions
- Represent the O?ce of Student-Athlete Academic Support Services on University Committees, and communicate NCAA and MAC rules and regulations on satisfactory progress and eligibility with college academic advisors and support sta?. Address university sta? and faculty members concerns related to student-athlete issues
- Occasional travel with team as needed
- Complete transfer evaluations for incoming transfer students
- Create and develop educational workshops for student-athletes
- Serve as the educational and instructional contact for compliance and academics
- Serve as point person for initial and continuing eligibility and certification
- Other duties as assigned. (This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individuals will perform other related duties as assigned.)
At least 2 years experience in college/university academic and/or compliance
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 05 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time