Assistant Director/Senior Assistant Director
Job no: 499319
Department: Student Financial Assistance
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Director/Senior Assistant Director
Hours Per Week: 40
This professional staff member reports to the Associate Director of Student Financial Assistance for all assigned functions and is responsible for assisting with the administration and coordination of system related areas of the Office of Student Financial Assistance with supervisory responsibilities of the appropriate staff.
- Assist with building Ellucian Banner jobs in AppWorx job scheduling software
- Assist the Associate Director with packaging of federal, state, and University aid.
- Back up to the Associate Director in the system area
- Assists in the development of policy and procedures which relate to the systems area of the office.
- Responsible for monthly and year-end reconciliation activities in all federal financial aid programs.
- Responsible for running various financial aid reports and disseminating to appropriate staff, including but not limited to transfer monitoring, disbursement, V4 & V5.
- Serves as backup to staff supporting financial aid functions such as verification, loan processing, daily transmission of files to and from the U.S. Department of Education to ensure that processing is current.
- Assists Associate Director with the Ellucian Banner system maintenance, including yearly set up activities, creating and processing popsels, testing and implementation of software releases and processes.
- Assists in preparation of federal fund management reporting.
- Analyze current technical business processes and make recommendations to leadership.
Associate's Degree or 2 years of experience with automated systems and analyzing business processes
Senior Assistant Director:
Associate's Degree and 2 years of experience or 4 years of experience with automated systems and analyzing business processes
Business Process Analysis
Experience in supporting Ellucian Banner financial aid software. Database experience. Experience in student financial aid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others
Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time