Assistant Football Coach-Recruiting and Operations Assistant
Position Type : Part Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Other
Support the Head Football Coach with On and Off Field program development, including recruiting and football operations.
- Serve as lead assistant to Head Coach and Recruiting Coordinator in Recruiting and Football Operations.
- Live on Campus to fully support residential needs of the football team.
- Coordinate On Campus visits including Day visits, Overnight Visits, and Game Day Visits.
- Maintain current and thorough prospect information in teams FrontRush Account including contact information, visit records, and evaluations.
- Manage Team's Visit Tracker and Top Recruit Boards to ensure up-to-date records.
- Oversee Playbook development, Practice and Game Plans for Offensive/Defensive Coordinator.
- Recruit qualified prospects from specific recruiting territory.
- Assist Head Coach and Assistant Football Coaches with tracking application information for interested prospective student athletes.
- Assist Coordinators with daily in-season practice schedules and on field tasks.
- Assist with work study students daily job assignments.
- Oversee Game day recruiting Interns.
- Aid in managing the teams HUDL account including practice and game uploads and opponent exchanges.
- Coach specific position group and help with JV program.
- Maintain current knowledge and abide by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures
- Supports entire football program goals
- Supports the total athletic program
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the mission of the University.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretaries, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the College community as well as the local and outside community.
Student Workers, Interns, Co-op Students
Head Football Coach, Recruiting Coordinator, Offensive/Defensive Coordinator
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3-5 Years coaching experience and/or college football playing experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, FrontRush, HUDL, coaching, camcorder, digital video editing, computer, copier, weight training equipment, and football field equipment, First Aid and CPR.
- Or any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- exhibit a student first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' and prospects needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' or prospect needs
- demonstrate the ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others (if applicable)
- available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education.
- available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- collaborate well with others and help make Athletics and Recreation staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division, or University goals
- willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Division and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- demonstrate creativity and high energy
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work (add other demands as appropriate).
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer