Assistive Technology Coordinator
Xavier University is seeking qualified candidates for an Assistive Technology Coordinator position within the Office of Disability Services. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Disability Services. The primary purpose of this position is to support students with disabilities to ensure equal access to all educational materials by the coordinating and implementing of accommodations especially as they relate to alternate media, note taking technology, and assistive technology. The coordinator will also participate on university committees charged with identifying assistive technology solutions for the campus to ensure that the university is complying with federal and state laws pertaining to accessibility for students with disabilities.
Job duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide educational materials in accessible formats for students with print disabilities and confer with faculty on providing accessible classroom materials
- Meet with students to determine appropriate alternate format, note taking technology, and assistive technology needs
- Train and supervise student workers assisting with the production of alternate media
- Serve as a resource for University staff on creating accessible documents
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide back-up support for the Test Coordinator
- Coordinate, implement, and maintain the Disability Services database management system (AIM) in collaboration with Application Services
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Disability Services to ensure that all technology is current and costs are aligned with the allotted budget
- Research and stay abreast of current and emerging technologies related to assistive technology
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the overall positive working environment of the Office of Disability Services
Required Knowledge and Abilities
The preferred candidate must be familiar with accommodating students with disabilities, assistive technology, and software programs for individuals with disabilities. Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws such as section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act is essential.
Bachelor’s degree in counseling, vocational rehabilitation, special education or a related field and at least one year experience at the postsecondary level serving students with disabilities. Experience in program coordination and conversion of alternate materials is preferred.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Applications will be reviewed starting September 7, 2022. This position will remain open until filled. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.