Associate Director - Admission
Job no: 498985
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Associate Director
Hours Per Week: 40
The Associate Director will provide leadership and direction on assigned programs and projects, ensuring that overall strategies and efforts align with and support the larger strategic vision, plans, and goals of the Office of Admission. Serving on the first year recruitment leadership team, the Associate Director will directly supervise FT admission staff.This position will also develop and oversee training and professional development for admission staff to ensure knowledge, understanding, and excellent execution of projects or aspects of the work under the Associate Director purview. The position will be responsible for directing and evaluating assigned recruitment strategies and initiatives, and will provide ongoing assessment, management, and recommendations for senior admission leadership. The position also includes responsibility for a geographic recruitment market and other general admission counseling duties, such as application review, admission presentations, and admission special events. In addition, all positions are responsible for the understanding and upholding of Miami University’s and Enrollment Management and Student Success’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statements, values and goals.
- Direct Bridges Program, diversity visit experience, as well as overseeing the facilitation of our Day of Champions, Diversity Virtual Chats, Group Visits and other diversity related programs and initiatives. Coordinate planning, execution, and coverage for programs as needed. 20%
- Establish and oversee a Community Based Organization partnership program to enhance relationships and establish a pipeline from various access and college-going organizations and Miami University. 15%
- Supervise and manage FT admission representatives. 15%
- Lead professional development, training, and assessment of undergraduate admission staff pertaining to programs under purview. 10%
- Maintain effective relationships with external and internal stakeholders that impact enrollment efforts. 5%
- Manage recruitment territory, including travel, counselor relations, and 1-1 communications 20%
- Manage application review territory including review of application for admission decision. 10%
- Perform counselor-on-duty responsibilities. Meeting with families, prospective students, HS Counselors during the campus visit. 5%
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in higher education, K-12 education, multicultural recruitment, or marketing, and 3 years minimum experience working in an education or recruitment environment. Will consider a Master’s degree and 2 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of maintaining and cultivating relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, group presentation skills, and a proven ability to work with diverse constituencies; candidate must demonstrate expertise and/or experience with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Must be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer systems and various software applications.
- This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA
- This position is not eligible for H1-B Visa or OPT support. It is not eligible for PERM sponsorship.
Desired Qualifications: Master's degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time