Associate Director, Student Veterans Center
Xavier University, a Jesuit, Catholic University, in Cincinnati, Ohio invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Associate Director for the Student Veterans Center. We are looking for a mission-driven individual that excels working in a team environment.
- Oversees Benefit Processing in the Financial Aid and University Registrar offices.
- Coordinates with local VA clinics and representatives on all required academic and employment plans for VA education benefit programs, such as Vocational Rehabilitation and Tuition Assistance. Collaborates with the State Approving Agency at the Ohio Department of Veterans Services to ensure all degree programs are up to date and eligible for VA education benefits.
- Consults with the offices of the Bursar and Financial Aid as needed to respond to and resolve any complex financial situations for student Veterans and dependents.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Marketing and recruiting to bolster the Center’s social media footprint and marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive, can-do attitude with the success of all military-connected students as a primary goal. Knowledge of a Jesuit, Catholic education a plus. Bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum one to three years’ experience working with veterans and/or military-connected students plus social media and marketing prowess. Knowledge of higher education and or business familiarity with the characteristics of a comprehensive university is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other staff members and build rapport. Veteran status is a plus. Some travel and some work during the evenings and weekends may be required.
- Attention to detail
- Technical data entry abilities
- Relationship building
- Knowledge of social media mediums, trends and usage
- Marketing and graphic design skills
- Exceptional communicator, active listener, solid follow-through skills, collegial and respectful
- Vigorous work ethic, impeccable integrity, a spirit of service and commitment to achieve goals
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and edit clearly
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a lean, mission driven environment
- Work independently, collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by October 19, 2021. Candidates are asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.