Campus Facilities Set Up Assistant
Purpose: The Campus Facilities Assistant performs set-up/tear down activities in support of internal and external rental events held on campus, acts as Site Coordinator for external rental events as needed, assists with the cleanliness of assigned areas, and performs other duties appropriate to the position requirements as assigned by the Director of Auxiliary Services and/or the Campus Facilities Set Up Leader. This position requires frequent lifting and moving of tables, chairs, and other equipment, so the employee must be able to lift 50lbs and work on their feet for long periods of time. This employee understands and agrees this position will sometimes require flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Responsible for performing facility usage set-ups/tear downs as directed by the Director of Auxiliary Services and/or the Campus Facilities Set Up Leader following printed set up forms and other directives.
- Performs Site Coordinator duties as assigned to assist external rental clients during events, especially in the Sports Complex and Harrington Center.
- Assist Director of Auxiliary Services and the Campus Facilities Set Up Leader with clerical support utilizing MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet resources.
- Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships with various campus constituencies, as well as the general public, on a daily basis, always positively representing the University.
- Regularly inspects the condition of tables, chairs, and other resources used in setups to determine safety and usefulness of items, make recommendations for disposal, repair and replacements of items as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: University employees and students
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: By Director of Auxiliary Services
Experience: 1 to 2 years experience. A demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Specialized Training: N/A
Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education (if applicable)
Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Attention to Detail:
Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
Demonstrate creativity and high energy
Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer