Career and Experiential Education Administrative Assistant
Purpose: Provide support and assistance with workflows, budgets, and the overall operations of department, facilities, and events.
- Create a welcoming environment for visitors including students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate office workflow and overall operations of the Career Center.
- Provide information about and support for career fairs, events, service-learning, cooperative education, and prior learning assessment.
- Provide administrative support services to the Director and staff.
- Track registrations and payments for Prior Learning Assessments (e.g. CLEP, Direct Award of Credit, etc.) in conjunction with campus partners.
- Manage inventory of office supplies, publications, and promotional materials.
- Assist the Director with managing budget activities, reports, and processes.
- Manage the purchase order process, online accounts, memberships, and credit card account for the department.
- Oversee, plan, and implement recognition/celebration award ceremonies.
- Manage, coordinate, and respond to inquiries in the assigned phone, email accounts, and calendars, and assist others, as requested.
- Facilitate recruiting activities, schedules, correspondence, and logistics.
- Ensure agendas, minutes, and other records are ready/available for the Career Center's Advisory Board, team meetings, and other activities, as directed.
- Manage data entry for cooperative education, service-learning, prior learning assessment, etc. in University and career management systems.
- Generate reports each semester detailing placements, faculty coordination assignments, and salary information for the co-op program.
- Support planning and manage the implementation of events, programming, print/digital materials, invitations, promotional items, registrations, correspondence, set-up/clean-up, and assist during events.
- Provide instruction/assistance to users of the University's career management system (Handshake).
- Supervise co-op and student workers, as assigned.
- Handle personal and confidential information regarding students, faculty, staff, and employers in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Participate in relevant professional development opportunities to stay abreast of emerging trends related to education, employment, industry, and training; suggest changes/enhancements as appropriate.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as needed.
- Occasionally work weekends or evenings as necessary. Minimal local travel.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Director, coordinators, students, faculty, staff, employers, and other members of the University community.
Supervision Exercised: May direct routine tasks and activities of the CEEC co-op(s), and student workers.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to the Director.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred
Experience: At least 3 months of experience required. 1-3 years of related experience preferred. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Specialized Training: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Web registration, databases, Handshake, and student software preferred.
Or any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Exhibit a customer first attitude with faculty/staff, students, alumni, and stakeholders. Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions, demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff-stakeholder customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify customer needs.
- Demonstrate high energy, an enthusiastic approach to duties, and a commitment to liberal arts education.
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with others to achieve office, division, and University goals.
- Assist in various responsibilities within the Career & Experiential Education Center and Academic Affairs, especially during high service demand times.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Demonstrate empathy with people from a variety of backgrounds and situations.
- Takes a proactive approach to engaging others and keeping key parties informed.
Attention to Detail:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Ensure the accuracy of the information that is provided to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion. Organize workload so as to meet deadlines related to planning and implementing events.
- Ability to perform tasks as appropriate without direct supervision.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer