Coordinator, Student Services
The School of Education at Mount St. Joseph University invites applications for a Student Services Coordinator. The Student Services Coordinator is a professional staff member in the School of Education. Responsibilities include but are not limited to delivering effective academic advising to students and providing prospective students with an overview of programs offered in the School of Education through marketing, visits, correspondence, telephone calls, etc. This position will also coordinate information management, student recruitment (open house, discovery day, etc.), admissions procedures, and monitoring of course scheduling. Partnering with school faculty in student service support for prospective and current students is expected.
- Support admissions recruiting and processes.
- Participate in retention of current students through university and program efforts
- Review transcripts and evaluate transfer credits for teacher candidates.
- Develop and coordinate effective practices for advising within the department and provide training, guidance, and ongoing assistance and support for faculty advisors.
- Implement full utilization of technological resources and their application to the advising function, including CARS, and Candidate Monitoring & Retention programs
- Assist, mentor, and train faculty in advising protocol
- Serve as one of the schools academic advisors.
- Perform degree audits
- Monitor course schedule and sequences in conjunction with program advisement sheets
- Maintain information accuracy of publications such as department handbooks, online catalog information, and content of department web pages, brochures, advising forms, (i.e. graduate and undergraduate program sheets), course articulation reference list for major courses
- Participate in annual and long-range planning with regular department faculty and the School Dean
- Collaborate in deciding course offerings of the department in consultation with department faculty and School Dean and make recommendations about additions or cancellations that affect licensure
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
Primary Contacts: School of Education faculty and staff
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to Dean
- Education: Masters degree in related field preferred.
- Experience: Experience with student service support such as recruitment, retention, academic advising, and financial aid preferably in a graduate program; experience with computerized academic records and online registration systems (CARS preferred) PC software experience (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Specialized Training: Any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer