Director of Psych–Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
The College of Nursing at Xavier University is seeking experienced, innovative, and highly motivated candidates for an open-rank, full-time tenure track faculty position to develop and direct the online Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program. The successful candidate will have responsibilities that include didactic, lab/simulation, and/or practicum teaching, program online curriculum development, course development/revision and evaluation, assessment of students’ learning, and student mentoring. The Director will provide program oversight and manage day-to-day operations, supervise faculty teaching in the program, and manage program assessment. The director will provide collaborative leadership for matters related to accreditation/certification, teaching schedules, and recruitment of new faculty. Additionally, the director should demonstrate potential for commitment to service and professional development/scholarship. The successful candidate will have responsibilities to represent the program at university functions, and management of the program curriculum development, among other duties to be determined. The successful candidate will teach classes and perform other typical faculty duties, albeit with release time to allow for performing the Director duties. The director is expected to have some on-campus physical presence as part of their role.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse and as a nurse practitioner in Ohio or be eligible to practice in Ohio.
- A nurse practitioner degree or certificate in psych-mental health nursing from an accredited program.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field is preferred or have a plan for completing a doctoral program within 1 year.
- At least 3 years of experience as a psych-mental health nurse practitioner.
- 3-5 years of previous teaching experience in nursing is preferred.
- 2-5 years of administrative experience in the field (such as program chair, director, coordinator) is desired
- Knowledge and desire to learn adult and online teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching, and evaluation are desired.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrate experience in nursing accreditation processes (i.e., CCNE, CNEA, ACEN, NONPF).
- Demonstrate experience in the integration of curriculum revision/development, program planning, program evaluation, and student learning outcomes assessment.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing programs in an educational setting and in online teaching.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collegial setting with staff at all levels
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Applicants will begin to be reviewed on October 3rd, the position will remain opened until filled. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.