Director of the Sedler Center for Experiential Learning
Are you an energetic business-minded person with a passion for connecting young people to real-world companies and experiences? Then the Sedler Center is the home for you! The Sedler Family Center for Experiential Learning in Business is a hands-on learning hub that operates under the Xavier University Williams College of Business. Committed to transformative student learning, the Sedler Center creates experiential learning opportunities that help students develop business skills and build relationships that lead to high-quality jobs.
The Williams College of Business at Xavier University invites applications from connected, innovative, and forward thinking professionals to be the Director of the Sedler Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expansion and refinement of Center programs – develop new and creative programming for students to experience, firsthand, the depth and breadth of business opportunities; collaborate with internal and external partners on projects, internships, and course integrations. Promote the Center and the Williams College of Business to increase new student interest and general awareness of the Center.
- Supervise student employees involved in the Center consulting/digital marketing agency – meet on a regular basis with students and internal and external clients; develop student training events designed to improve marketable skills such as presentation and leadership skills; plan and organize domestic travel events for students and alumni.
- Center administration – responsible for the Center’s student employee onboarding and time sheet approvals, client invoicing and reconciliation, budget planning and monitoring, and regular reporting on Center activities and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of business experience
- Extensive business connections in the greater Cincinnati area
- Ability to work with diverse populations and bridge the gap between students and business professionals
- The heart and patience of a teacher
- Ability to problem-solve and think strategically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references by December 5, 2021. Candidates are asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 3, 2022. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon onboarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.