Classification: Full Time
Purpose: Under the immediate supervision of the Lieutenant, Sergeant, or on-duty supervisor, this person is responsible for providing various receptionist type duties, support, dispatch, and switchboard services to the University and Campus Police Department.
- Greet visitors, notify offices/residents of arrival
- Answer/transfer phone calls
- Provide directions/other information
- Document/distribute messages via e-mail
- Communicate phone problems to ISS
- Receive incoming calls for Campus Police
- Maintain radio contact with Officers
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Contact County 911 center with emergency information
- Read fire alarm panels
- Overnight guest registration
- Students guest check in and out
- Monitor master key for RAs
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor that contributes to a team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the Campus Police Department and helping others to accomplish job results as needed.
Primary Contacts: Students, staff, guests
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Immediate supervision - Lieutenant, Sergeant, or on-duty Supervisor
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 1-year related experience preferred
Specialized Training: Able to use two-way radios, telephones, fax machines, copy machines, and monitor video cameras or any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a task related to this position.
- Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions while demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students, staff, or customers’ needs and expectations and be able to identify and anticipate the needs of individual customers.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations and other special needs, customers.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties.
- Collaborate with others and help make staff a cohesive group.
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with other staff members to achieve Department goals.
- Willing to assist with various responsibilities within the Police Department, as needed.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, staff, and guests while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Be courteous and respectful.
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic communication skills.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, and omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplish tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to use the current video camera system once trained.
- Must be able to use a two-way radio system to dispatch and communicate with on-duty staff.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Long periods in a seated position.
- Extensive customer contact.
- Multiple concurrent tasks with service interruption.
- Computer data input.