Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher
Learning Grove believes in assisting all employees to reach their full potential.
By joining the Learning Grove team, you will have access to amazing benefits like child care discounts, college tuition scholarships, holidays and paid time off – all while working in beautiful classrooms environments and assisted by talented directors and support staff.
Pay Scale: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
Definition and Primary Objective:
As a Learning Grove Assistant Teacher you will assists in implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher and Teacher.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an environment for children that is clean, safe, stimulating and which is appropriate for each child’s developmental level.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with the appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom.
- Make families feel welcome in the environment, greet parent and child at arrival and departure times.
- Assist in implementing lesson plan that promote the development of each child
- Meet and maintain licensing requirements for ratio.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to manage classroom through positive redirection, problem solving, setting appropriate limits, and active listening.
- Support lead teacher in development and implementation of lesson plans.
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Completion of State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Successful clearance of required Criminal Background Checks
- Compliance with licensing requirement for TB testing
- No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
- Willing to fulfil their responsibilities in accordance with the center’s educational philosophy
- Classroom settings with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years old.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects of up to 20 pounds