Early Childhood Education Lead Teacher
Learning Grove believes in assisting all employees to reach their full potential.
By joining the Learning Grove team, you will have access to amazing benefits like child care discounts, college tuition scholarships, holidays and paid time off – all while working in beautiful classrooms environments and assisted by talented directors and support staff.
Pay Scale: $16.50 - $25.50 per hour
Definition and Primary Objective:
As a Learning Grove Lead Teacher you will exhibit the core knowledge and competencies required to provide a safe, nurturing, and educational environment for children infant through six years old.
- Create and maintain safe and healthy learning environments for children with appropriate arrangement of materials, space, and supplies.
- Manage a classroom of children including a daily schedule and transition times that encourages a child’s learning through discovery, curiosity, creativity, and a healthy self-concept that leads to school readiness.
- Understand and implement quality content area components (Child Growth and Development, Family and Community Relations, Health, Safety, & Nutrition, Child Observation and Assessment, Professional Development, Learning Experiences and Environments), as defined by Learning Grove and SUTQ/STARS/National Accreditation.
- Plan and implement the quality curriculum in a manner that supports the intellectual, social-emotional, physical, and language development of each child enrolled in his or her classroom.
- Complete lesson plans that incorporate the Kentucky and /or Ohio Early Learning Standards in a timely manner.
- Utilize assessment information on children to implement learning plans to advance a child’s development.
- Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Utilize best practices and positive discipline techniques with children, to support children’s growth and understanding of self and others, and promote resilience.
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read, speak, and write English
- CDA or Associate/Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (related degrees must include child development classes)
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Completion of State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Successful clearance of required Criminal Background Checks
- Compliance with licensing requirement for TB testing
- No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
Classroom settings with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years old.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects of up to 20 pounds