Early Childhood Education Teacher
Learning Grove believes in assisting all employees to reach their full potential.
By joining the Learning Grove team, you will have access to amazing benefits like child care discounts, college tuition scholarships, holidays and paid time off – all while working in beautiful classrooms environments and assisted by talented directors and support staff.
Pay Scale: $14.00 - $17.50 per hour
Definition and Primary Objective:
As a Learning Grove Teacher you will actively participates in planning and implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an environment for children that is clean, safe, stimulating and which is appropriate for each child’s developmental level.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, families and co-workers.
- Model the attributes of acceptance of diversity, nurturing behavior, cooperation, respect, and responsiveness.
- Responsible for obtaining required training hours and maintaining educational credentials.
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read, speak, and write English
- Ability to manage classroom through positive redirection, problem solving, setting appropriate limits, and active listening.
- Support lead teacher in development and implementation of lesson plans.
- CDA or in the process of receiving on a degree
- Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
- Completion of State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers or
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Successful clearance of required Criminal Background Checks
- Compliance with licensing requirement for TB testing
- No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
Classroom settings with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years old.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects of up to 20 pounds