Early Childhood Educator
La Casita Learning Center is a full Spanish immersion program serving children ages 1 year through kindergarten. We are looking for an experienced preschool teacher (30-40 hours per week) to work with children ages 2 through 5 years.
The candidate must have availability between the hours of 7:00am through 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
Pay will depend upon experience, education and performance.
Range of pay - Hourly $14.00 -$16.00
Job Types: Full-time
TITLE: Child Care Staff Member
REPORTS TO: Administrators
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Part-Time or Full-Time, Year-Round QUALIFICATIONS:
5641 Union Centre Dr. West Chester OH 45069 (513) 889-3939
- Must hold and provide all required employment documents, training and requirements necessary for child care site licensure through the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.
- Shall hold at least a high school diploma from an accredited high school.
- Shall have successfully completed the designated number of years of experience, if required. Must provide evidence of a satisfactory criminal record check conducted through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification within one year prior to date of hire, prior to employment. In addition, must provide evidence of a satisfactory criminal record check conducted through the FBI, prior to employment.
- Must have proficient level of knowledge in chosen academic area/field and of teaching methodology.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing in Spanish and English and/or have some oral and/or written English speaking skills.
- Must possess demonstrated skills of organization and problem solving.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to establish and maintain rapport with children.
- Must exhibit professional behavior and sound judgment.
- Must possess demonstrated commitment to serve as an ethical, positive role model.
- Must possess, at minimum, basic computer skills necessary for carrying out all tasks related to the position.
Provide for and assure the safety, care and well-being of all children in the preschool program at La Casita Learning Center, LLC. Facilitate the learning of all children in the program, identifying and understanding individual characteristics of all children taught and providing highly effective instruction specific to the following areas: health & safety, creative arts and dramatic play, science and nature, mathematics, technology, literacy and social and emotional skills development. Diagnose, assess and remediate student learning. Develop
lesson plans and follow curriculum to engage students in learning and foster discipline. Present self as a mature, professional educator and serve as a positive role model.
- Create curriculum plans that demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter being taught, incorporates best practices, is coherent, and leads to the mastery of desired learning outcomes.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students, and leads to the mastery of desired learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the unique characteristics of children in the instructional setting, where multiple ethnic groups, cultures, and ability levels may be found.
- Develop a coherent instructional plan which guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and other instructional activities. Clearly communicate such goals and objectives to children and parents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources by planning to use a variety of best practices, sound instructional techniques, activities, and media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals and/or children in groups assigned.
- Diagnose the learning needs of children on an on-going basis. Use assessment data to promote mastery of designated learning outcomes, and to plan appropriate intervention.
- Prepare appropriate daily/weekly written lesson plans based on the course of study for all classes taught.
- Establish a professional level of rapport with students. Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, respectful of others, and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Demonstrate genuine respect for the worth and dignity of each child.
- Demonstrate the ability to impact children in a positive manner by promoting self-esteem, self-discipline and good citizenship.
- Serve as a positive role model to children in how to conduct themselves as responsible, intelligent human beings.
- Establish and maintain a standard of behavior and procedures consistent with La Casita Learning Center standards. Maintain order in a fair and just manner. Encourage children to exhibit behavior consistent with set standards.
- Implement all policies and rules governing La Casita Learning Center, LL C; the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services licensing rules and all other center specific policies and procedures, not only in assigned classes, but in all aspects of center life and in all realms of employment.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of children, and to protect equipment, materials, and facilities; notifying administration immediately if a problem exists.
- Communicate clearly and accurately in both written and oral forms of Spanish and English, in all aspects of employment.
- Motivate and engage all children in learning activities.
- Employ a variety of best practices, sound instructional techniques and activities, and relevant and appropriate media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals and/or groups assigned. Use a variety of questioning and discussion techniques.
- Assess the achievement of children on a regular basis. Use assessment data to: adjust lessons in response to performance; provide appropriate intervention; and provide accurate, substantive, and constructive feedback to children and/or parents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness in adjusting to changes, and reliability in carrying out responsibilities.
- Implement by instruction and action all policies of La Casita Learning Center, LLC and the center’s education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Meet and instruct assigned class(es) in the location(s) and at the times designated.
- Meet all time responsibilities punctually.
- Meet attendance expectations for a professional child care staff member.
- Give active reflection to each class taught, and make adjustments as needed.
- Provide lesson plans, schedules, description of duties, and clear instructions for a substitute child care staff member.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and/or administrative regulations.
- Prepare and provide data for progress reports and report cards as required.
- Maintain respect at all times for confidential information (childrens’ grades, information and so forth).
- Establish and maintain positive communication with parents of assigned children and all children enrolled at the center. Make provision for being available to children and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms. Respond to parent communication within 24 hours.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with administration, owners and colleagues.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Seek the assistance of administration as necessary in assessing and addressing student health, behavioral, and learning problems or any other problem that may arise. Be prepared and trained to administer the medication needs of children.
- Maintain good public relations by personal appearance, attitude, and conversation. Contribute to an enhanced perception of La Casita Learning Center by those with whom you come into contact.
- Assume the legal responsibility to help instill in children the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values.
- Observe ethics of the teaching profession. Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability, and sound judgment.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence. Seek membership in education-related professional organizations and attend all trainings.
- Assume all other duties as assigned by the administration and/or owners, including daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and disinfecting of certain areas as well as inspections of equipment and playground equipment.
The essential functions listed in this job description reflect the general duties and principal functions of the job but are not a detailed description of all the duties which may be inherent in the job.
- Potential occasional exposure to blood or other body fluids.
- Possible interaction with unruly children and/or adults.
- May have to travel to or from building in inclement weather.
- May occasionally be assigned evening and/or weekend work (i.e. parent/teacher conferences,open houses, marketing assignments, etc)