Early Childhood Lab School Teacher, CECH, Arlitt Center
Serve as a lead/associate teacher in the laboratory child development center at the Arlitt Center for Education, Research, and Sustainability to demonstrate high-level early education teaching practices. The Arlitt Center at the University of Cincinnati is seeking an Early Childhood Lab School Teacher who will plan, demonstrate, and disseminate best practices in early childhood education based on educational theory and research. You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. This position is full-time, 90% FTE, August-May, and 2 weeks in summer.
- Serve as a collaborative teacher for a diverse group of children in a fully inclusive multi-age preschool program.
- Organize and maintain classrooms, outdoor learning environments, and equipment to establish a safe, healthy, and nurturing early childhood program.
- Build positive partnerships with enrolled children’s families.
- Actively participate within a professional community of learners and engage with the broader early education community.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of university students.
- Collaborate with faculty, colleagues, and graduate students in research and evaluation studies.
- May serve as a clinical instructor for University students (Master teachers only).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Must meet requirements and participate in trainings for ODJFS childcare licensing, NAEYC accreditation, and Head Start standards and maintain a profile with the OCCRA Ohio Professional Registry.
- Must pass a physical and criminal background check.
One (1) year of teaching experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
- Ability to articulate theoretical stances on early childhood education.
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or willingness to work toward an advanced degree.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Applications must be submitted through the University of Cincinnati website. Please click on the following link > https://bit.ly/3GFyKlv
- Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
- To view all available openings with the University of Cincinnati please visit > https://jobs.uc.edu/
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range up to $37,400 - $42,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans include medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.