Responsible for identification and recruitment of freshman and transfer students for participation in the Esports program at MSJ.
Responsible for instructing students in Esports rules and fundamentals and skills. Responsible for determining fundamental philosophy; techniques and recruiting of Esports participants.
Athletics and Recreation:
- Design instruction for individual student esports participants and for specific team needs.
- Continually develop a program that has a main focus on academic success while also enhancing student skills in sportsmanship, communication, accountability, respect, character, and teamwork.
- The individual will be expected to manage the programs budget.
- Develop and execute practice and competition schedules for the esports teams.
- Provide instruction related to health, team concepts, and safety.
- Recruitment of student esports participants.
- Communications with the office of admission and financial aid office regarding applications.
- Communications with Campus Facilities for overnight prospects.
- Inventory and issuing of equipment.
- Supervise student workers.
- Collaborates with other departments and the campus community to educate and continue to build the Esports program.
- Monitor students for academic retention and assist in the advising of students on their academic progress.
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by governing body rules, policies, procedures.
- Knowledge of current competitive esports titles at the high school and collegiate level.
- Ensures that students meet MSJ eligibility requirements to participate.
- Adhere to and keep current on NACE eligibility rules and other compliances.
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University.
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Dean of Admissions, Athletics Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretaries, student employees, Student Affairs staff, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Student Employees; may direct the routine activities of other personnel to accomplish their own work.
Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to a supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
1 year of Esports coaching preferred
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; web page editor; new media technologies including social media, CARS, SLATE, and FrontRush. Certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Exhibit a student/prospective student orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' and prospective students' needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' and needs of prospective students
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, and special needs.
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others and help make the Admissions; and Athletics and Recreation staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Admissions; and Athletics and Recreation Departments; and other areas of the University as appropriate and as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.(add other demands as appropriate
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer