Extended Care Teacher and Coordinator
Xavier University is seeking an Extended Care Teacher and Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and coordination of the Extended Care Program for children and families of the Xavier Montessori Lab School. Responsibilities include creating curriculum, preparing a safe and healthy environment infused with Montessori principles, hiring, mentoring and supervising student workers who serve as Extended Care staff, purchasing supplies for the program, and managing the Extended Care budget through meticulous record keeping and billing. Additionally, the Extended Care teacher works closely with families to create a strong continuum of care for their children in the hours before and after school.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's or Master’s degree in education preferred.
- One to three years of child care experience is preferred.
- Strong organization skills and experience in record keeping and billing.
- Experience with Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word.
- Medical statement to be renewed every 3 years, verification of education (highest degree), statement of non-guilty conviction form (renew annually), child abuse recognition training (6 hours), CPR training – must be 1 year current, First Aid training (3 year renewable), BCI-FBI fingerprinting (renew every 3 years), Communicable Disease training, 10-12 continuing education hours per year to meet state requirements.
This position works 6 hours each school day as well as designated days/events to be determined by the Head of School such as parent education nights, open houses, and parent/teacher conferences two times per year.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter with a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by July 5, 2022.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.