Purpose: Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the University grounds, vehicles, and facilities as well as other duties appropriate to position requirements.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the University grounds and facilities including maintenance and routine care of lawn and landscaping, tree/bush trimming and removal, leaf removal, removal/treatment of snow and ice, trash removal
- Assists with the maintenance of University vehicles
- Performs routine maintenance and repair of facilities
- Performs routine custodial tasks
- Performs other duties appropriate to position requirements as assigned by supervision
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed
Primary Contacts: Buildings & Grounds supervisors and staff, students, University faculty, and staff
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Works under immediate supervision with work assignments reviewed at frequent intervals or at a pre-determined time
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum five years related experience; familiar with vehicles, tractor, lawnmower, trimmer, hedge trimmer, saws, and other equipment related to grounds and maintenance tasks. Demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Specialized Training: Valid drivers license required
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer