Head Coach, Men's Soccer
Purpose: Responsible for instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of men’s soccer; and determining fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques.
- Plans and implements the operation of the soccer program
- Recruiting men soccer players
- Share responsibility for administration/implementation of budget spending
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by HCAC/NCAA policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintains necessary records
- Monitors eligibility for men's soccer
- Attends NCAA/HCAC meetings, clinics and seminars
- Works closely with Sports Information
- Responsible for safety of players during games, practice, travel
- Purchases and maintains soccer equipment and uniforms
- Makes travel arrangements
- Schedules and organizes team related activities
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring assistant coaches
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring officials
- Promotes players for recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Maintains relationship with media to enhance promotion of the University
- Supports total athletic program
- Assists in weight room supervision
- Supervise open field as needed and as permitted by NCAA Bylaws for safety purposes.
- Event management as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: Department Director, Associate Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Administrative Assistant, student employees, Student Development staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Assistant coaches, players, student employees
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective and uses a wide range of procedures exercising discretion and judgment; consulting and referring to the Director of Athletics as appropriate
- USSF A or B license and/or NSCAA Advanced National Diploma preferred
- Education: Masters degree preferred
- Experience: College or High School coaching
- Specialized Training: Soccer background, Ability to drive University vans, First Aid and CPR, recruiting software
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer