Institutional Advancement Content Specialist
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Director of Alumni Engagement
Purpose: Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Institutional Advancement Content Specialist will create and assist in creating content, both written and creative, to support all alumni engagement. This role also liaises with departments and teams across the university to strengthen IA support of various events and objectives that pertain to philanthropy, community building, or philanthropic revenue streams (annual fund, major gifts, corporate, foundation, and institutional support).
- Cultivate engagement through various communication channels and platforms, including print pieces, web presence, and social media channels designing and implementing
- Support the creative and communication elements of a wide range of special events and outreach initiatives locally and in targeted areas. Duties include assisting with communications for class reunions, alumni luncheons, receptions and donor events.
- Support the development of event invitations and other printed materials as requested
- Collaboratively work with the IA department to create and publish alumni communications. Duties include writing for the biannual magazine, assist with the production of the monthly newsletter, website maintenance and publish social media content.
- Assist the Director of Alumni Relations for implementing strategies for marketing and promoting alumni activities, programs and services to encourage alumni involvement and participation.
- Manages editorial timelines to ensure that milestones are met on time.
- Ensures accuracy of institutional advancement and alumni pages on website.
- Under direction of the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, creates compelling philanthropic proposals and impact pieces to support financial goals and stewardship objectives
- Drives alumni presence on social media platforms, creating original content in coordination with IA and Marketing teams
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of the field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Institutional Advancement
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: Requires 12 months of experience.
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of alumni relations, and philanthropy, and community engagement
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills including public speaking when necessary; an ability to work well with others and to project manage
Specialized Training: Proficient in many forms of communication methods including:
- Filming and editing video. (Final Cut X or Adobe Suite)
- Basic animation skills (Adobe Premiere and After Effects)
- Proficiency in social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snap Chat.
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others.
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division. or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Attention to Detail:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer