Instructional Faculty - Physician Assistant Studies
Summary: The instructional faculty are responsible for instruction and student assessment in the didactic and clinical components of the program. This includes evaluation of curriculum to ensure course learning objectives and course outcomes are achieved as well as student counseling and remediation when necessary. He/she will assist program leadership in the development, design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction in the classroom or skills lab, as assigned, based on experience.
- Maintain accurate student course records and report these on a timely basis.
- Provide ongoing academic advising to assigned students, and remediation when necessary.
- Participate in ongoing Program assessment advising the Academic Director regarding programmatic or policy changes.
- Participate in the Program’s recruitment and admission process.
- Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to ongoing funding and Program accreditation.
- Serve on University and Program committees.
- Represent Program to health care community and community at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Academic or Program Director.
- Physician Assistant instructional faculty must have
- graduated from an accredited PA Program
- a Masters Degree in an appropriate field of study
- current NCCPA certification
- current license as a Physician Assistant in Ohio.
- minimum of two years clinical experience
- Non-Physician Assistant instructional faculty must have
- a Masters degree or higher in an appropriate field of study
- minimum of two years experience in subject matter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer