KNAT Coordinator & Nurse Aide Faculty
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for a KNAT Coordinator & Nurse Aide Faculty. This 12-month faculty member will provide overall management and supervision of the Nurse Aide program and Kentucky Nurse Aide Testing (KNAT) testing. As a faculty member, they will provide instruction and guidance for Medicaid Nurse Aide (MNA) and KY Medication Aide (KMA) students.
Anticipated start date: July 2022
Salary: 49,500 – 55,000
Initial review of applicants will begin 2 weeks from position posting day. Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
- Promote an effective teaching and learning environment to further develop students into knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate healthcare professionals.
- Maintain 21 contact hours weekly during fall, spring, and summer semesters. Contact hours are allocated as follows: 6 hours as classroom faculty (teach 2 classes per term); 8 hours as KNAT coordinator; 8 hours as Nurse Aide Program/faculty supervisor and managing labs on two campuses (Edgewood & Urban Metro); subject to change based on program needs.
- Provide oversight for the KCTCS’ approved training and testing sites for KNAT in compliance with state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Be responsible, with the faculty, for curriculum development, implementation of goals, and evaluation of the academic program/area.
- Recruit, develop and retain a staff of highly capable MOI Medicaid Nurse Aide Instructors within the program/area.
- Provide leadership in the program/area consistent with the mission of the college.
- Promote the use of academic support and academic services fostering student success with the program/area.
- Provides qualified evaluators for the administration of the written and performance components of the Competency Evaluation Program (CEP).
- Maintains tests and records with full security in accordance with the CMS confidentiality agreement.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records for the nurse aide program and the medication aide program.
- Provides accessible training and testing to health care facilities, schools, and nurse aide candidates.
- Be responsible, with the faculty, division dean, and chief academic officer, for the overall maintenance and enhancement of a quality academic program/area.
- Be responsible, with the division dean, for the preparation of the schedule of classes.
- Be responsible, with the division dean, for ensuring that budget requests and expenditures are related to the goals and operational needs of the program/area.
- Verify KNAT test re-takers in the Nurse Aide Tracker system.
- Submit to the Department for Medicaid Services and KCTCS central office the names, RN/PN license number, and date of training for instructors completing the MOI for nurse aide training.
- Order testing supplies needed for Medicaid Nurse Aide and Kentucky Medication Aide programs.
- Assists health care facilities, schools, and nurse aides in the area with questions concerning the Medicaid Nurse Aide and Kentucky Medication Aide programs.
- Recruit and retain students within the program/area.
- Communicates with facilities in the area about changes in laws, regulations, and guidelines in the administration and management of the Medicaid Nurse Aide and Kentucky Medication Aide programs.
- Provide guidance and oversee the dual-credit training opportunities in coordination with high school, vocational training centers, and career pathway training opportunities. Coordinate effectively with facility representatives.
- Maintain program data and complete program reviews and reports as requested, and utilize evaluation reports for ongoing program effectiveness review and enhancement
- Maintain an active program advisory committee; serve as a liaison between industry, the college, and students.
- Responsible, with division representative, for initiating and maintaining MOAs with facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining all clinical records for students, and clinical instructors; including but not limited to Hep B, Covid-19, Tuberculosis, and Misconduct Checks.
- Runs a Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry abuse check and Kentucky Adult Caregiver Misconduct Registry check on all students prior to the second day of class.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses:
- Associate degree in nursing, or equivalent. Bachelor's in nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Registered Nurse with current KY license.
- Certified, or will seek certification within an established timeline, as MOI Instructor.
- 2 years of relevant experience, with at least 1 year of experience in long-term care service.
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region - part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. Gateway offers high-quality, targeted education to meet the personal and professional needs of students and contribute to the economic development of the region.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to successfully champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.