Manager of Alumni Engagement
The Manager of Alumni Engagement supports and develops strategic engagement opportunities for alumni, current students, and their families. This role works collaboratively with student organizations, faculty, staff, and administration to inspire alumni and student engagement and implement stewardship strategies as they relate to assigned groups. The manager also assists the Vice President for Institutional Advancement in implementing alumni engagement strategies.
- Liaise with numerous departments throughout campus to help drive alumni engagement;
- Provides vision, leadership, and oversight to the Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow (formerly Student Alumni Association) leadership and its committees;
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintain regular communication via direct contact, email, web pages, and print publications;
- Support the development and implementation of alumni cultivation events with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. Manages micro-events for alumni.
- In coordination with the Manager of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and the IA Communications Specialist, writes and manages alumni communications; including but not limited to: Around the Mount E-Newsletter, Mount News Magazine, and social media.
- Represents MSJ at community and alumni events; occasional public speaking assignments;
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Institutional Advancement; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Director of Engagement and Advancement Communication; Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Institutional Advancement staff; University President and President’s Administrative Assistant, Board of Trustee members, alumni, donors, and other members of the University community.
Manages student workers.
Reports to and receives supervision from the Director of Engagement and Advancement Communications as well as the Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. Works under general direction towards broadly defined objectives; refer specific problems to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies are involved.
Minimum: Bachelors degree
Minimum of three (3) years working in Alumni Relations in Higher Education or related field.
Ideally, a basic understanding of Annual Fund and Planned Giving.
- Exhibits a donor first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations;
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and division needs and expectations; anticipates, identifies, and meets donors needs; and,
- Available for evening and weekend work, as necessary.
- Communicates, cooperates, and collaborates with others to achieve common office, division, and University goals; and,
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities, as appropriate within the Office of Institutional Advancement during times of high-service demands.
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and co-workers, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism;
- Communicates information clearly and concisely and listens well to others; and,
- Possesses strong communications skills and strengths in public speaking.
Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, and omissions
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary, assuming initiative for creative problem solving;
- Accomplishes tasks with follow through to completion;
- Possesses aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high-level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work and some regional and national travel.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer