Maternity Leave Substitute: Part-Time Spanish Instructor for Grades Pk3-Grade8
Come work with an amazing team of educators at the oldest Montessori school in Cincinnati. We are a vibrant and supportive community that nurtures the whole child … and the whole adult! We’ve been named a top workplace for six years running.
Department: Support Staff
Job Status: Part-time
Proposed Hours: Mondays 8:00 - 3:00, Tuesdays 10:00 - 3:35, Wednesdays 10:00 - 3:35, Thursdays, 10:00 - 3:35, Fridays, 10:00 - 3:35
Starting Date: End of November through February
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, graduate education and credentials, according to the school's established salary schedule for teachers (starting at $18/hr).
The purpose of the Spanish teacher is to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of curriculum and instruction for Spanish for the purpose of increasing students’ knowledge, understanding, and communication skills with those around them.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Spanish teaching experience
- Experience Desired: Three (3) years in a similar position
- Substitute license for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (more information here). We can help the candidate through that process.
- Has knowledge of Ohio Learning Standards for K-12 World Languages.
- Plans and implements culturally responsive lessons that are engaging and reflect the Ohio Standards and the diverse community of students served.
- Monitors student engagement & achievement and utilizes the data to guide and inform instruction.
- Uses provided Lesson Plans appropriately and with flexibility.
- Records quarterly grades into the RenWeb system by quarter deadline.
- Works collaboratively with teachers and administration to ensure quality instruction during the maternity leave.
- Establishes a professional and supportive relationship with all students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Participates in ongoing professional growth and serves on committees or groups as requested.
- Maintains and ensures a clean, sanitized classroom and playground environment.
- Physical Requirements: Constant hand-eye and mind-eye coordination, standing and walking. Repetitive motion with wrists, hands, and fingers. Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting, and stooping. Ability to travel to any and all places where student activities and instruction take place. This may involve several minutes of walking from one part of the campus to the other. In some instances, such as emergencies, this may need to be done at a rapid pace. Access to various locations within the building, may involve climbing stairs or ramps, opening doors, and negotiating around furniture and tight spaces. Must be able to communicate and demonstrate competence in health care, especially in the care of diabetes, asthma, and allergies.
- Other Requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with computers for word processing, spreadsheets, data skills.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Kristin Weiss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Mercy Montessori is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Learn more here: https://mercymontessori.org/discover/deib/Find out more about our school at www.mercymontessori.org