Media Services Specialist
Purpose: The Media Services Specialist supports and maintains Audio Visual technology that is installed in the classroom, meeting rooms and deployed for on campus events from the TIS Media Loaner database. Works closely with TIS team members to identify new technology and support issues in the classroom and meeting rooms that cannot be resolved by the ISS Help Desk.
Renews the annual and acquires software for the university that is requirements for teaching and learning. This includes installing, updating, configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving problems with ISS supported technology.
- Maintains and updates AV technology in the classrooms, meeting rooms, and the Media Loaner pool.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with other departments, team members, and clients.
- Escalates appropriate classroom or event AV media emergency issues to TIS team promptly while relaying critical information to the campus community.
- Documents issue resolution and troubleshooting steps in the ticketing system.
- Meets with faculty & staff to analyzes, creates, and deploy media and technology services for large scale events.
- Assist with training on media items with the student workforce for the classroom or special events as needed.
- Provides expanded coverage for media/technical support in the classroom & meeting room for weekday classes
- Works directly with company and Value added resellers on renewing annual software contracts and new software acquisitions for the university.
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Contribute and adapt quickly to team direction by accepting new and challenging work duties.
- Explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the division.
- Other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Faculty and Staff
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Director, TIS
Experience: 3+ years in a technology related position or a combination of education and work experience. Must have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Specialized Training: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (can also include licenses, certificates, drivers license, etc) , Technical certifications preferred
- Exhibit a "(list particular customer)/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customer) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential (can be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others (if applicable)
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others and help make ISS staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the ISS Division and other areas of the college as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Attention to Detail:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work. Some manual work involving loud noise, dirt, dust, lifting, crawling, and/or and climbing ladders.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer