Part-Time & Full-Time Teachers
Definition and Primary Objective:
The Teacher actively participates in planning and implementing the curriculum, working with parents, and assessing the needs of individual children under the guidance of the Lead Teacher.
Classroom Management and Early Learning Oversight
• Assist in establishing and maintaining an environment for children that is clean, safe, stimulating and which is appropriate for each child’s developmental level.
• Assist the Lead Teacher with the appearance, decor, and learning environment of the classroom.
• Assume an equal share of the housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
• Promote healthy eating practices through participating in family style meals and planning and implementing nutritional activities.
• Meet and maintain licensing requirements for ratio.
• Assume the role of leadership in absence of the Lead Teacher
Internal and External Collaboration
• Be familiar with and abide by Learning Grove’s Vision, Mission, and Beliefs.
• Be familiar with and abide by Learning Grove’s Code of Ethics.
• Uphold all standards and policies set forth by Learning Grove.
• Maintain confidential information about the program, families, children, staff and the agency, at all times.
• Maintain and demonstrate professionalism in the workplace and in the community.
• Show initiative for continued professional growth and skills development.
• Maintain positive relationships with children, families and co-workers.
• Model the attributes of acceptance of diversity, nurturing behavior, cooperation, respect, and responsiveness.
• Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
• Responsible for obtaining required training hours and maintaining educational credentials.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and agreement to abide by state licensing mandates and SUTQ/STARS.
• Report for assigned work hours on time and prepared for assigned responsibilities.
• Relate to all families, staff, and community partners in a positive manner
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
• Ability to read, speak, and write English
• Ability to manage classroom through positive redirection, problem solving, setting appropriate limits, and active listening.
• Support lead teacher in development and implementation of lesson plans.
• CDA or in the process of receiving on a degree
• Prior experience working with young children commensurate to responsibilities
• Completion of State Approved Orientation for Child Care Providers or
• Current First Aid/CPR Certification
• Successful clearance of required Criminal Background Checks
• Compliance with licensing requirement for TB testing
• No physical or mental/emotional limitations that would prevent the implementation of caring for and safe- keeping of infants through school age children
Classroom settings with children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years old.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift objects of up to 20 pounds