The Philanthropy Advisor is an informed advocate for Mount St. Joseph University and is responsible for fundraising activities and strategies designed to increase giving to Mount St. Joseph University by alumni and friends of the University. The Philanthropy Advisor is an enthusiastic and skilled networker who enjoys getting out into the community, attending events and participating in opportunities that position the Mount for success. In collaboration with the Senior Philanthropy Advisor, the Philanthropy Advisor is primarily responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewardship of major gifts from alumni and friends of the University, helping to ensure the growth of a sustainable foundation of philanthropic support.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 active major gift prospects capable of making gifts of $5,000 or more to the University.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a broad variety of donors including alumni, corporations, foundations, and all other constituencies interested in supporting Mount St. Joseph University.
- Assist in implementing fundraising strategies in conjunction with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Assists with donor screening to help identify new major donor prospects.
- Participate in fundraising initiatives for special events and projects relating to University development as assigned.
- Prepare and complete reports in a timely fashion to document activities related to fundraising goals and objectives in the Blackbaud NXT database.
- Actively recruit and engage alumni and friends of the University to participate in University events and activities.
- Contribute toward the development of materials including brochures, case statements and other media that support the Mount’s fundraising goals.
- Limited travel both locally and nationally and be flexible in work hours including some nights and weekends.
- Actively participate in updating and enhancing the Advancement database to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Follow the policies of the University in regard to the processing and acceptance of gifts.
- Actively work toward building cooperative and collaborative relationships with University schools, Departments, faculty, staff and community entities.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and tasks based on need.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and offers viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this position with internal and external constituencies.
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make improvements or take corrective action to improve performance.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
May direct the routine activities of division support staff to assist in the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities
Works toward a previously defined objective with minimal supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree and/or CFRE preferred.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years of experience in philanthropy or sales with demonstrated success in donor cultivation and solicitation; high degree of competency in moves management, major gift development, and donor communications required. Preference given to an alumna/alumnus of Mount St. Joseph University and those with previous fundraising experience.
- Specialized Training: Working knowledge in fundraising strategies and techniques as endorsed by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- Experience in Athletics Fundraising and/or Planned Giving preferred.
Mount St. Joseph University offers a wide array of benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Tuition Remission for you and your family.
- Retirement contributions up to 7% of your salary.
- Excellent benefits including medical, employer HSA contributions, dental, vision, life, parental leave.
- Generous PTO.
- 16 paid holidays.
- Competitive salaries.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and inclusive educational environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer