Physical Therapy Administrative Assistant
Part-time 0.625 FTE
Responsible for assisting the physical therapy program with duties as outlined below to ensure program meets professional education requirements especially related to clinical education, lab administration and daily departmental affairs.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipates and identifies student-faculty-staff customer needs.
- Communicates, cooperates, and collaborates well with others to achieve common department, school, and university goals.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
Department of Physical Therapy:
- Supports DCE/ADCE in student clinical placement by data entry/extract via EXXAT software and managing any on campus requirements such as clinical badges.
- Supports Department Chair and SHS Dean by organizing the ordering, acquisition, and intake/maintenance of books, items, and equipment used by the department and school (i.e. asset procurement and database management)
- Supports students by overseeing the paperwork needs from matriculation (e.g. medical records, transcripts, etc.) through past graduation (e.g. state board letters).
- Supports faculty via copying, filing, scanning, and faxing as needed
- Updates PT bulletin board seasonally.
- Collates and sends miscellaneous mailings as needed.
- Submits work requests to building and maintenance for needed repairs of offices and classrooms.
- Responds to further delegated tasks from primary Dept AA, Chair, and DCE as requested.
- Serves as back-up to primary Dept AA.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed.
- Manages and organizes PT shared drive
School of Health Sciences:
- Supports Department Chair and Dean by organizing the ordering, acquisition, and intake/maintenance of books, items, and equipment used by the department and school (i.e. asset procurement and database management), plus keeps on campus HS function room and kitchen organized.
- Distributes faculty and staff mail.
- Supports HS AA with ordering and purchasing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.