PK3, PK 4, K and Elementary Physical Education Teacher/Athletic Director
Come work with an amazing team of educators at the oldest Montessori school in Cincinnati.
We are a vibrant and supportive community that nurtures the whole child ... and the whole adult!
We’ve been named a top workplace for four years running.
Job Title: Physical Education Teacher
Department: Staff Job Status: Full time
Proposed Hours: 8:05am - 3:35pm
Starting Date: August, 22, 2022
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, graduate education and credentials, according to the school's established hourly rate schedule for teachers.
The purpose of the PE teacher is to give lessons and support the overall positive physical growth of all enrolled students.
- Education Level: Bachelors or Masters, PE
- Experience Desired: Three (3) years in a similar position. Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and practice.
- Have knowledge of Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Develop curriculum that supports the Montessori method and philosophy
- Instruct students and provide positive classroom management using methods that support the developmental needs of children
- Observe student learning to inform instruction
- Establish a safe, orderly, and prepared classroom environment
- Collaborate with classroom teachers
- Demonstrate professional and supportive relationships with all students, parents, colleagues and administration
- Implement research-based individualized teaching methods for students identified with specific learning disabilities
- Engage in planning and implementation of off-campus field experiences, some of which are multi-day trips involving overnights
- Participate in all activities including nature-based, physically rigorous ones
- Utilize a variety of electronic platforms for grading, parent communication, and instruction.
- Meet attendance requirements
- Participate in ongoing professional growth and serve on committees or groups as requested
- Assist in maintaining playground environment
- Willingness to complete and maintain Safe Parish training
- Physical Requirements: Constant hand-eye and mind eye coordination, standing and walking. Repetitive motion with wrists, hands and fingers. Frequent bending, carrying, hearing, lifting and stooping. Ability to travel to any and all places where student activities and instruction take place. This may involve several minutes of walking from one part of the campus to the other. In some instances, such as emergencies, this may need to be done at a rapid pace. Access to various locations within the building, may involve climbing stairs or ramps, opening doors, and negotiating around furniture and tight spaces. Must be able to communicate and demonstrate competence in health care, especially in the care of diabetes, asthma and allergies.
- Other Requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work with computers for word processing, spreadsheets, data skills.
- Working Conditions: Job requires ability to sit and or stand for long periods of time as well as running, stooping and squatting. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, blood, bodily tissue and fluids. Work is conducted in controlled comfortable indoor environment and extreme conditions outside. Exposure to chemicals and fumes are a possibility.
Kindness, willingness to help out with other school tasks as needed - the children’s needs come first in this building;
Respect of others, no drama; Collegial disposition
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in
this position. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any
Please submit a resume, cover letter, statement of educational philosophy and three professional references to Kristin Weiss. email@example.com
Mercy Montessori is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Find out more about our school at www.mercymontessori.org.