Department: Campus Police
Reports to: Police Chief, Captain, Lieutenant, On-Duty Supervisor
Purpose: Under the immediate supervision of the Police Chief, Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, or on-duty supervisor, this person is responsible for providing various clerical-related duties to support the services of the University and the Campus Police Department.
- Greet visitors, notify offices/residents of arrival
- Answer/transfer phone calls
- Provide directions/other information
- Document/distribute messages via e-mail
- Communicate phone problems to ISS
- Receive incoming calls for Campus Police
- Maintain radio contact with Officers
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Contact County 911 center with emergency information
- Read fire alarm panels
- Overnight guest registration
- Student guest check-in and out
- Monitor master key for RA’s
- Issue and enter parking permits
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor that contributes to a team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the Campus Police Department and helping others to accomplish job results as needed.
- Greets visitors to the Campus Police office and notifies the staff of their arrival
- Make and print ID cards
- Assist in making “No Parking” signs
- Enter Incident Reports into the Records Management System (RMS)
Primary Contacts: Students, staff, and guests
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Immediate Supervision –Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, On-Duty Supervisor
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 1 Year related experience preferred
Specialized Training: Training will be provided in order to demonstrate the ability to use Police Department radio; telephone; copy machine; fax machine; and, video cameras. Training to allow for the use of the RCIC system.
- Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions with students, staff, and guests while demonstrating versatility in handling each situation.
- Adapt, willingly and quickly, to changing needs and priorities of students, staff, and guests with the expectation that the person can identify and anticipate the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations and other special needs of customers.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to assigned duties.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the Campus Police Department staff in order to make a cohesive working relationship
- Collaborate. Communicate and cooperate with other Campus Police staff members in order to achieve Department goals
- Willingly assist with other Campus Police Department responsibilities, as needed
- Develop and maintain an effective, productive, and courteous relationship with students, staff, and guests while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be courteous and respectful
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Communicate clear and concise information while listening well to others.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary
- Accomplish assigned tasks while being cognizant of assigned deadlines and ensuring proper follow-up is completed when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use the current video camera system
- Demonstrate the ability to use a police radio system
- Demonstrate the ability to use the current ID system
- Long periods in a seated position
- Extensive customer contact
- Maintain confidentiality