Professional Education Program Coordinator
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 498733
Department: Provost & VP for Acad Affairs
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Professional Education Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator to undertake various administrative and program-related tasks for the Professional Education Team within Miami Online. The selected candidate will help organize and execute programs and activities related to professional education and carry out essential operational duties. This role will interact with Miami Online team members and coordinate various efforts among faculty and staff across Miami University. Further, this role will communicate with and support those seeking professional education opportunities, including alumni, professionals and corporate partners. This position is a one-year appointment with the potential for renewal based on funding and performance.
- Support the successful execution of programs within Professional Education; to include the research, design, development, and implementation of best practices in professional and adult education
- Organize and maintain various databases of programs, faculty, external partners, students; for record-keeping, program review, and to facilitate future growth and project development
- Collect feedback data from students and other program users to gauge satisfaction and success of individual programs and the expansion of Professional Education at Miami
- Organize and monitor the awarding of credentials
- Provide excellent customer relations, to include knowledge of programs, procedures and structures of support; assist with conflict resolution by attending promptly to constituent (internal and external) issues
- When needed, serve as a liaison, attend meetings with faculty, staff, executives within the University, and employers/corporate partners; collaborate with offices/departments across campus as needed
- Organize, co-create and implement a purposeful communication flow with constituents of Professional Education, to include response to RFI forms, Faculty Interest forms, entity account email inquiries, registered student inquiries
- Support promotion of professional education programs - from various departments across campus, and outreach efforts to companies, organizations, University partners; aid and support the development of relationships with key contacts in a variety of businesses and organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, two years of relevant work experience, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
This position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a master's degree in business administration, education, communication or related field; 3+ years related experience; Knowledge of and experience in higher education (preferably professional education/development, continuing education, training, etc.); experience building working relationships in various areas, including higher education, corporate settings; Experience working with confidential information, CRM, registration software, and/or project management tools; Experience with online teaching and learning; Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to work independently and exhibit initiative, attention to details, and setting of priorities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Greg Brainard at email@example.com
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of application will begin October 20, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 06 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time