Regional Associate Director of Admission, Transfer Pathways and Partnerships
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499491
Department: Regl Enrollment & Admissions - Hamilton Campus
Location: Hamilton, OH, Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Regional Associate Director of Admission, Transfer Pathways and Partnerships
The Regional Associate Director of Admission, Transfer Pathways & Partnerships is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating transfer student recruitment at Miami University Regionals, the regional system of Miami University, a highly-regarded public university with a national reputation. Working with and reporting to the Regional Director of Admission, this position will serve as a leader in the Regionals’ Admission Office, serving both the Hamilton and Middletown campuses in providing oversight and leadership for distinct recruitment initiatives, formulating transfer recruitment strategies, plans, and goals for recruitment territories; managing transfer recruitment activity and events; and managing transfer recruitment processes and reporting within the CRM.
- Manage, assign, train and supervise transfer counselor recruitment outreach activity; formulate recruitment strategies, plans, and counselor goals for assigned recruitment territory based on data, trends, and research; train transfer counseling staff; develop and manage processes and systems to increase prospective transfer student leads and conversion rates; collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute prospective transfer student engagement practices.
- Manage transfer recruitment operations including transfer events management, transfer budget oversight, and CRM transfer recruitment operations including events, recruitment activity assignment, and reporting; manage assigned transfer recruitment projects.
- Develop and manage communication tactics with prospective transfer students, families, community members through organized recruitment communication follow-up, social media, tele counseling, presentations, and in leveraging enrollment marketing.
- Manage own assigned recruitment territory by arranging transfer recruitment activities and visits; prepare and perform Miami University Regionals presentations to prospective transfer students; obtain prospective transfer student leads; organization, coordination, management of on- and off-campus recruitment events. May on occasion require overnight stay in territory.
- Initiate and cultivate partnerships with external constituencies such as transfer counselors, educational advisors and other key leaders at designated colleges and universities, technical schools, corporations, nonprofits and government agencies to increase transfer student enrollment and success.
- Represent Miami University Regionals at university, regional, and state meetings affecting target student populations; interprets and applies state and federal laws applying to transfer; implements interprets, and makes recommendations to the Director regarding student policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist Director in strategic recruitment planning and implementation, in application review and decisions, and in cultivation of internal and external partners in recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of four years professional experience in admission or a related area, or a Master’s degree plus a minimum of two years’ experience. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime and indefinite basis.
- Consideration may be given to candidates with demonstrated success in transfer recruitment; excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing ability; high level of organizational and self-starting skills; ability to work with minimal supervision; demonstrated commitment to recruiting individuals from diverse backgrounds; knowledge of and experience with customer relationship management systems; knowledge of and experience with computer systems and various software applications; ability to lift 30-40 lbs. of recruiting materials; valid driver's license and automobile for travel. Personnel and/or operations management; experience with partnership relations; experience working with community colleges, community-based organizations, and/or business/industry officials; experience with Banner and Technolutions Slate; experience in project management, event planning, and systems oversight; diverse recruitment experience; demonstrated success in goal achievement, data-driven decision making, and project results.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter, resume, and a 1-page statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion with application. Direct inquiries to Kelli Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Review of applications begins on November 29, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 15 Nov 2021 Eastern Standard Time