Regional E-Campus Engagement Specialist
Job no: 499247
Department: Regl Dean's Office - Middletown Campus
Location: Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Information Technology, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Regional E-Campus Engagement Specialist
The Regional E-Campus Engagement Specialist will collaborate with the E-Campus Leadership to advance the online student experience through outreach events and the development of digital/print communication using data-driven best practices that promote online student engagement, recruitment and retention.
- Produce excellent, high-quality E-Campus student engagement experiences through planning to execution to meet identified goals and deliverables.
- Coordinate on and off-site E-Campus outreach efforts with community or corporate partners and participants to ensure proactive communication and community engagement.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with advanced written, oral communication and group facilitation skills to ensure high-quality participant experiences.
- Lead coordination of student engagement project timelines for social media, print/digital communication deadlines using Miami identity and accessibility standards.
- Report on the effectiveness of engagement initiatives utilizing data and analytics.
- Collaboration with multiple campus partners to develop online student engagement, retention, and recognition strategies and opportunities.
- Develop of custom graphic elements, images, and style templates for digital and print communication.
- Assist with supervision, scheduling, and mentoring of engagement and outreach student employees
- Represent E-Campus at University events and/or serve on committees related to E-Campus Student and Community Engagement
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Bachelor’s Degree; Two (2) or more years of experience in outreach and educational events to promote engagement and/or recruitment. Proficiency in creating, editing, and manipulating graphical elements for print and digital communication according to brand identity standards. Proficiency in Google Tools, Microsoft Suite, Web-Based Apps, Mobile Technologies. The position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree. Two (2) or more years of experience in leading program outreach and events within a higher education institution to advance professional relationships; Two (2) years of experience presenting professional information in a formal setting and/or facilitating groups to promote recruitment and retention; Proficiency in designing digital/print communication; Proficiency in content planning and writing (conduct research, style guides, content calendars, blog posts, short articles, HTML/CSS) to produce compelling content to attract current and potential online audiences; Intermediate-advanced use of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator. Experience in using, interacting, and monitoring social media channels; Utilization of project management software, such as Wrike or Basecamp, to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines; Demonstrates and promotes advancement for diversity and inclusion, in particular service to historically underserved, underrepresented, minority, and non-traditional students; Self-starter; willing to take initiative. Demonstrated success in providing excellent presentation, public speaking skills, and group facilitation skills to develop and maintain professional relationships. Demonstrated success with strong interpersonal skills; Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated success independently achieving goals from ideation to completion with measurable results in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment to meet project deadlines. Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new skills; adapt to new technology and work independently with minimal supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquires may be directed to Krissy Smith at email@example.com
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin September 28, 2021 and continue until filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time