Roar Store Operations Manager
The Store Operations Manager supervises two Assistant Managers plus a support staff of up to 12 student employees, completes weekly schedules, and approves payroll. S/He directs the profitable operation of a retail store with an emphasis on training and developing store associates in both operations and merchandising. S/He must maintain a high standard of merchandising, placement, store signage, and proper display techniques to create an inviting atmosphere for customers while protecting company assets. S/He will expertly manage sales, shrink, and labor costs to maximize profitability while demonstrating excellent customer service and team-oriented behaviors. S/He will bring an upbeat and positive attitude, flexibility, and creative problem-solving skills to this role, and demonstrate effective leadership in a university campus environment.
1) Maintains a high standard of customer service, merchandising, placement, store signage, and proper display techniques to create an inviting atmosphere for customers, while protecting company assets, and will expertly manage sales, shrink, and labor costs to maximize profitability within budgetary allotments.
2) Supervises the Assistant Managers plus staff of up to 12 student employees, completes weekly schedules, approves payroll, creates and administers employee reviews, and provides training and development opportunities for employees.
3) Accurately creates, maintains, and distributes daily, weekly, and monthly sales and profitability reports as required, handles all daily deposits and reconciliation.
4) Attends meetings and participates in campus-wide activities as required.
5) Must be proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word, and have excellent time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize responsibilities in a constantly changing environment. Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, and must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Primary Contacts: Students, families, staff, offices
Supervision Exercised: Store Staff
Supervision Received: Director of Auxiliary Services
Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Experience: At least 2 years of experience. A demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other customers) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff, co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Attention to Detail:
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer