Spirit Team Coordinator and Head Dance Coach
Job Location: Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OH
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Other
Responsible for coordination and development of the spirit team for the athletic department, to include oversight of the Joe Lion Mascot Program and the Cheer team, and work in conjunction with the Spirit Team student group. Also, perform all duties as the Head Dance Coach
- Plans and implements all practices for the dance team and for Joe Lion
- Recruits members of the dance team and mascot
- Assists in budget preparation for the spirit teams
- Plan and assign games and events for Joe Lion to attend
- Develops and implements a plan for the spirit team to grow, providing suggestions and strategies to create school spirit and excitement
- Maintains necessary records
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by NCAA rules, policies, and procedures
- Works closely with the campus community
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Attends periodic staff meetings
- Supports total athletic program
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Department Directors, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinators of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Administrative Assistants, student employees, Student Affairs staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Student employees
Supervision Received: Director of Athletics
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: High school and college coaching preferred
- Exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' (or other customer) needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students (or other customer) needs
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational potential
- Demonstrate ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Collaborate well with others and help make the Athletics and Recreation staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, Athletics and Recreation Department, or University goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Athletics and Recreation Department and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet social media) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer