Sr. Associate Dean Academic Affairs, College of Nursing
The University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is seeking dynamic candidates for the position of Sr. Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Sr. Associate Dean helps to develop strategies to achieve educational goals and objectives aligned with the academic mission of the college. A key player of the College’s Senior Leadership Team, this position will report to the Dean and will be responsible for the vision, leadership, and administration of all aspects of the academic portfolio, including evaluating and developing faculty and staff, fiscal planning, strategic planning, and goal setting in concert with the college and university’s strategic plans. The selected candidate will have a commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse populations.
- Lead strategic planning for achievement of the academic mission of the College consistent with the mission and strategic plan of the University.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of College-wide systems.
- Collaborate with faculty to support development and implementation of academic programs.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and the Provost Office and Graduate College.
- Manage academic support personnel and department chairs.
- Stimulate an academic environment that values and embraces justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Oversee annual reports to the Ohio Board of Nursing and all accreditation activities for the college.
- Work with the Associate Dean for Research to seek and obtain funding for College educational activities.
- Work closely with the Office of Student Affairs to ensure that practices and policies support the academic enterprise in the College and University.
- Lead program review in order to maximize resources and assure program excellence.
- Act on behalf of the Dean in their absence.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Doctorate in Nursing.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience. A minimum of three (3) years of higher education administrative experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and a proven record of achieving diversity goals.
- Some positions may require a record of scholarship and professional achievement that would meet the criteria for appointment as a full professor with tenure.
Active and Unencumbered State of Ohio RN License or the ability to obtain one at time of hire.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Qualified rank as Associate Professor.
- Demonstrate progressive leadership responsibility.
- Have significant experience in nursing scholarship including extramural funding and peer-reviewed publications.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include a cover letter of interest and a current CV/Resume.
- All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section in the application.
- Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
- Applications must be submitted through the University of Cincinnati website. Please click on the following link > https://bit.ly/41hOYJd
- Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
- To view all available openings with the University of Cincinnati please visit > https://jobs.uc.edu/
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans include medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.