Student Services Specialist
Job no: 499314
Department: Enrollment Operations and One Stop Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Enrollment Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Student Services Specialist
Hours Per Week: 40
Provides front line services and outreach to students with the highest levels of customer service and accuracy. Utilizes problem-solving skills & knowledge of policies & procedures related to registration, billing, and student financial assistance. This position may require working in the evening and on weekends.
- Provides excellent customer service and problem resolution in a high volume environment. Resolves inquiries by phone, in person, and by email communication with students, families, staff and other parties. Counsels parents and students in the areas of financial aid, billing, registration and provides a referral to other offices as needed. 60%
- Delivers presentations to students, parents, University staff and to the external community on topics related to billing, financial aid, and registration. Provides support for University outreach to targeted populations. 10%
- Processes registration forms and academic records such as Independent Study forms, schedule changes, enrollment verification requests, transcripts. Requires in-depth knowledge in divisional and departmental policies, withdrawals, and re-enrollment processes. 10%
- Performs independent special projects as needed such as representing on University committees, reviewing and submitting updates for the website, maintenance of data in our ticketing system. Completes other duties as assigned. 10%
- Serves as the first contact to students and the university community in the areas of residency and the use of veteran's benefits. Keeps current with federal, state and University policies, procedures, and regulations. 10%
- Associate's Degree with at least one year of experience working full or part-time in a customer-related field, or two years of experience working full-time in a customer-related field.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to attend functions off-campus and work evening and weekend hours as needed; some travel may be required.
- Student financial aid or registration or student accounts/billing experience in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of and experience with Miami University, including institutional and unit policies, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated project management and public speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to serve customers graciously, quickly and accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 21 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time