Transfer & Articulation Specialist, Enrollment Management
About the Job
This position is responsible for the timely articulation and evaluation of transfer credit and creation of course equivalencies in compliance with University of Cincinnati and Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) policy. The person in this position coordinates with colleges and department heads/undergraduate directors, creates and maintains course equivalencies, and facilitates credit evaluation related projects to align with The University of Cincinnati's strategic sizing goals. This position will report to the Assistant Director of College Credit Services for Credit Evaluation in Enrollment Management, Office of Academic & Advising Services.
Articulate and evaluate incoming transfer credit while supporting other credit evaluation and university related business processes, policies and initiatives.
- Review, determine and create transfer course equivalencies.
- Manage equivalency databases and evaluation workflow in student information system, degree audit and transfer credit evaluation and articulation software.
- Maintain and update student transfer credit records for credit evaluation, advanced standing and test credit awards.
- Research, analyze and collect historical information on institutions, accreditation information and/or coursework.
- Collaborate with college reviewers, faculty and staff to promote database accuracy and facilitate credit evaluation.
- Design, manage and utilize reporting tools to prioritize credit evaluation projects and tasks.
- Maintain compliance and report data for Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) mandated initiatives pertaining to transfer credit.
- Conduct presentations or training for new college reviewers and advisors on credit evaluation functions and policies.
- Serve as a liaison between Credit Evaluation and the university community, general public and other local and national organizations.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
One (1) year of experience in admissions, registration, student services, or a related field.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience with Peoplesoft or similar Student Information Systems.
- Experience with Collegesource TES and Transferology products
- Familiarity with liberal arts curriculum, coursework, and/or advising.
- Experience with evaluating credit or college-level curriculum.
- Ability to adapt well to fast paced work environment by prioritizing tasks and managing time.
- Skilled at working well within a team as well as autonomously accomplishing key outcomes.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Talking - Continuously
- Standing - Often
- Walking - Often
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
- Pulling, pushing - Seldom
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Seldom
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position)
Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $36,000 - $40,000 for this role, depending on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.