Vice President of Administrative and Business Operations
Title: Vice President of Administrative and Business Operations
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.50
Work Location: Hybrid, up to 2 days remote (after the probationary period)
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Gateway Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Gateway Boone
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks Institutional Closing Pay (Last 2 weeks of December) for qualifying positions
- Employee Assistance Program
The primary purpose is to be responsible for and provide leadership and supervision in all fiscal, business, and campus operations of the College in compliance with KCTCS, state, and other governing policies; maintain facilities and grounds to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable environment; provide for technology for the College, administer auxiliary enterprises; and act as a part of the College's senior leadership team in strategic planning, budget development, and administration, as well as other issues. Provides innovative leadership to motivate and inspire the division to support the overall college mission.
- Provides senior leadership, management supervision, and oversight of all functions of the Business Office operations. Ensures that operations comply with internal control policies, and transactions comply with established business procedures. Provides leadership to the accounting function, which includes monthly reporting, bank reconciliation, grants reporting, and inventory management. Additionally provides leadership for purchasing, accounts payable function, student accounts, and student receivables processing.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the development and ongoing monitoring of the College budget. Works with senior leadership at the College to assure that a collaborative process exists.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's maintenance and operations division. Works with the director to assure that facilities are well maintained. Works with KCTCS on maintenance and construction projects.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's campus safety and security program. Works with KCTCS to assure that a safe and secure environment exists for students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Responsible for decisions regarding campus closures related to weather and other emergency situations.
- Provides senior leadership and management supervision to the College's information technology support services. Works with KCTCS to assure local compliance of safe and secure network operations. Ensures that College has current and operational hardware and software to meet the technology needs of students and employees.
- Serves as the college’s representative on appropriate KCTCS workgroups and peer teams. Serves on the college’s Executive Leadership Team and other college committees as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the College president, including contracted bookstore provider and other auxiliary enterprises.
- Master's degree in a field related to higher education administration, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- An understanding of budgeting processes and sound financial principles.
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills and organized staff and work to align to college needs and strategic plan.
- Ability to both motivate and hold staff accountable to reach innovative goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and, in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.