Video Production Assistant
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499414
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Video Production Assistant
Hours Per Week: 40
A member of the University Communications and Marketing team, the Video Production Assistant, creates content that helps elevate Miami University’s reputation and brand, collaborates in all facets of video production, including but not limited to concept and storyboard development and location scouting.
The Video Production Assistant is responsible for collaborating in scheduling the planning, talent management. In addition, the video production assistant will film, edit, organize, and archive all short-form and long-form videos and video assets, from social media clips to TV commercials.
The successful candidate is a self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, efficient, collaborative, and highly creative video storyteller, experienced in developing and pursuing original ideas that engage our audiences and support strategic University initiatives. Reporting to the Video Production Supervisor and working collaboratively with colleagues across University Communications and Marketing, the Video Production Assistant is committed to a high standard of quality and is comfortable filming and editing independently and in a group setting.
Video production, film, editing, organizing, and archiving short-form and long-form videos.
Bachelor's degree and at least two years of relevant experience.
The Video Production Assistant possesses expert-level proficiency using professional video equipment, including but not limited to DSLR cameras, lenses, microphones, and audio equipment, and lighting equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of video production, including concept and storyboard development, location scouting, schedule planning, talent management, filming, editing, organizing, and archiving short-form and long-form videos.
- Expert-level proficiency using video creation/editing software such as Final Cut Pro, AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc.
- Demonstrated visual composition skills with the ability to create well-lit, compelling sets and collect clear audio.
- Ability to work independently, on a team, or leading a professional film crew, maintain project timelines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A positive, solutions-focused, can-do attitude with a deep desire to continually learn and innovate.
- Ability to think creatively and approach a wide variety of projects from new angles.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond the typical business day, nights, and weekends as required.
Please include a cover letter, resume, list of three (3) references, and portfolio (sizzle reel, website link, etc.)
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 04 Nov 2021 Eastern Daylight Time